Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TOB Seminar at Goregaon, Mumbai, 20-21Mar 10


TOB Seminar presented by the Couple to Couple League of India and organised in Mumbai by the Bio-Medical Ethics Center, headed by Fr. Stephen Fernandes, Director, in collaboration with the Catholic Medical Guild of St. Lukes, Mumbai from 20-21 March 2010.


The latest TOB Seminar in Mumbai touched the lives of most of the participants. Twenty-three people attended the whole seminar (20th and 21st March), while twenty-two others attended came on the second day of the seminar; a majority of the participants (23) were doctors.


Some of the comments of the participants:


The course consists of very good and informative notes for study.

- A youth


The TOB seminar was an eye opener in many ways. The teachings of Pope John Paul, especially about the act of sexual intercourse being so sacred, so beautiful, among many other teachings.

- A doctor


It increased my knowledge about my body, sexual morality, relationship between man and woman in marriage...

- A doctor


The speaker is so passionate and emotional. To see his passion and the use of his personal (very personal) testimonies, touched me immensely.

- A doctor


It has helped me respect myself and others and understand deeply the meaning of sex in my life.

- A youth


The aspect I liked the most was that sexual intercourse is 'DIVINE', and a peep into the Beatific Vision, as I was illiterate about it.

- A doctor


I liked the personal sharing by Vally as this really opened peoples' hearts, because in order to accept the teachings, we need to feel human experiences to understand better.

- A youth


Enjoyed the session on marriage as a sacrament, the act of sexual intercourse being holy and not just an act of Recreation and Procreation. It will help me in my marriage, to understand my husband better.

- A married person


The TOB should be for a longer duration.

- A married person


Overheard at the Seminar:


"Getting this information now is like getting a comb when you're bald"

- A doctor, married 25 years


"Now I am convinced that Natural Family Planning really is the gift of the Catholic Church to the world."

- A doctor


"I am ready to give up my profession to propagate this message full-time."

- A doctor




No comments: