Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TOB Seminar at Pastoral Institute, Old Goa, 8-10 March 2010



The TOB seminar in Old Goa was very enriching both for the participants as well as the organisers. It was attended by 16 participants, 14 being newly ordained priests of the last two years and 2 youth - one male and one female.


Some of the comments made by the participants:

I liked the different analogies used to explain concepts.

- A priest


As a man it has deepened my understanding of the meaning of my body. The different views in the group discussion was enriching. I would like to bring some aspect of this in marriage preparation courses.

- A priest


I enjoyed the talks by Mr. James. It gave me purpose for my existence.

- A priest


I liked the talk on Celibacy for the Kingdom and the understanding that even married people are called to chaste life in their vocation.

- A priest


I recommend this seminar for counsellors, college students and post-confirmation children.

- A priest


I liked the aspect that the body is 'prophetic' because spouses proclaim the language of the body truthfully. Also the point that celibacy has a redeeming effect.

- A priest


It has deepened my insights on Natural Family Planning and TOB.

- A priest


Very methodical, interactive and well coordinated.

- A priest


I will spread this good news wherever I go.

- A priest


It is a rare topic which is not discussed openly. It was practical and will help me in my daily life. We must create awareness among the masses as many people who want to know these values are forced to use wrong means.

- A young person

No comments: